Thursday 23 June 2016

Thai Food at the Blue Elephant


Last week I kicked off my weekend with some Thai food at the Blue Elephant.

Now this restaurant is one bridge too far from my house as it sits just across the river in Fulham. I really love its authentic decor and I'm not exaggerating when I say that it feels like you are in Thailand when you walk through their door. Till you look outside and see the Thames Clipper whizz by. But hey, dining with a view of London by the Thames might not sound as exotic as Thailand, but it's nice nonetheless.

We started off with some wine and veggie spring rolls and a spicy dip. I don't know what it is with Thai places, but of all cuisines in the world, I think Thai dishes are the prettiest. The springrolls tasted lovely as well, although I still don't know why they always come in uneven numbers, even when you're dining in an even numbered party.

Thai Food at the Blue Elephant

My friend loves a Penang curry, so she asked for a veggie version. It wasn't actually on the menu, but the staff accommodated her regardless.

Thai Food at the Blue Elephant

I went for the chicken curry which was chocka with succulent chicken fillets and morsels of a variety of veggies. We shared a portion of coconut rice. For me the food was more than enough, but not enough to finish it off at home.

Thai Food at the Blue Elephant

We ended with a portion of mango sorbet to share, which is always a nice way to finish a big meal.

Thai Food at the Blue Elephant

I do love the food at the Blue Elephant, however I am always a little bit shocked when the bill arrives. I guess dining with a view of London by the Thames does come with a bit of a price tag.

Thai Food at the Blue Elephant


Blue Elephant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Dining in London is fun but very pricey. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on where you go though. There are some great cheaper options here as well.

      Delete
  2. Dining in London is always a treat, this looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really was. There are so many restaurants to choose from here. We are really spoilt.

      Delete