Sunday 19 June 2016

Pergola on the Roof


When spring comes to town so do the roof top bars. Today I had a peek at the brand spanking new Pergola in the roof in Shepherd's Bush.

Pergola on the roof


We couldn't resist checking this one out as they had lured us to this place with a free drink. (You just need to sign up to their newsletter by the way. )

The bar sits on top of the abandoned television centre across the street from Westfield shopping centre. There are lifts, but today these decided to give up the ghost. There was no queue, so I headed upstairs.

Still panting from climbing the fourteen flight of stairs, I stepped onto a wide open and bright space. It was like I had set foot into a garden somewhere in southern Europe. The garden was surrounded by white washed walls covered with bright murals. The bar area with communal style tables and benches was sitting under a flower covered pergola and the atmosphere was buzzing. It all felt very Mediterranean.


Pergola on the roof

Lots of tables had a reserved sign on them, but I managed to find one next to the jeu de boules court.

Pergola on the Roof


Besides the well stocked drinks bar, there are four food stalls. You can choose from tapas at Salt Yard, burgers from Patty and Bun, chicken from Le Coq and a variety of dishes from The Shed.

Pergola on the roof

We had our free intro drink, although I still don't know what it was. We also tried some green pea hummus from The Shed and the courgette flower with honey and goat's cheese from the Salt Yard.

Pergola on the roof

We had another drink before the windy London weather jerked us back into English reality and we decided to head home. I will wait for better weather for my next visit, as I am sure it will be awesome(er) with some sunshine.

6 comments:

  1. This place looks so lovely! I am determined to get out and see more this summer and this is just the kind of cool little place we might head to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely place, and I think it will be really nice when the sun is out.

      Delete
  2. Oooh it looks lovely, and it sounds like there's a good choice of food on offer too :)

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was. I love the food from Salt Yard and the burgers smelled amazing too.

      Delete
  3. Pergola on the roof just seems amazing. Beautifully decorated with natural beauty having unique patio furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice there. Especially with nice weather I can imagine it will be lovely there.

      Delete