Friday 6 April 2018

Russian Food at Zima



My quest for ethnic food in London recently brought me to Frith Street in Soho for a Russian lunch at Zima; an airy eatery smack in the middle of buzzy Soho. It offers traditional Russian food with a modern twist and of course lots of vodka. I liked its airy feel and casual décor and if you choose a table by the window it’s an amazing place for a spot of people watching.

It took a while for someone to come over to take my order, but in their defence, there were no other customers there and I ninja-ed to my table by the window.

The place wasn’t exactly hopping with other eaters, but having said that, I was there at noonish on a Saturday. People did start popping in by the time I had finished my food.

Russian Food at Zima

While browsing the menu I had a cup of thyme tea; a first for me.
The menu at Zima contains sharing platters, which is slightly awkward to do when you’re on your own, however there are starters and main dishes on the menu as well.


I decided to go for the smoked salmon which in my case was flanked by a courgette and tomato mashy salad. I love courgettes, so I obviously loved it. I added a side of sautéed potatoes with dill. 

I polished off both dishes, which I seriously regretted when the friendly waitress brought over the dessert menu. It featured a berry plavlova and a very intriguing sounding chocolate salami. Next time I find myself near Frith Street in Soho, I’ll make sure I’ll be tucking into that.

Russian Food at Zima


No comments:

Post a Comment