Wednesday 25 May 2016

Pop Brixton


Anything North London does, the south can do better. So if Shoreditch has its Boxpark, the south has got Pop Brixton.

Pop Brixton


Unlike the container complex in hipster Shoreditch, the one in Brixton is more than just a trendy drink and foodie hangout. Besides the multi-culti eateries and cafes, there are also some clothing shops, art galleries, green spaces and even an event space. Plus it's got brighter colours which  makes it a happy place to hang out overall.

Pop Brixton

I popped in on a Sunday afternoon and not a particular sunny one for that matter. However the vibe was sweltering with sultry looking people swaying their hips to the seductive tunes of Latin salsa music. 

Pop Brixton

I didn't bring a dance partner, unfortunately so I had a little wander around and walked past containers serving Japanese comfort food, German sausages, Spanish tapas and even Ghanaian home cooking. 

Pop Brixton

I finally perched down on a bench at the New Zealand Wine Cellar and treated myself to a fruity glass of rose.

Pop Brixton

Next time I'll show off my salsa moves, for sure.

6 comments:

  1. amazing nice info, i like your article

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pop Brixton, especially in the summer - a great place for cocktails and catching up with friends!

    Erin xx
    islandbell.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure I will spend some more summer days down there this year.

      Delete
  3. I went there recently too! I really enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice there, huh? I really liked the vibe there.

      Delete