Thursday 3 November 2016

The White Ivory B&B in Bangkok


For my short 2-day layover in the Thai capital on my way to Laos, I was super happy to have found this cute little place called the White Ivory B&B in Bangkok. It may sound somewhat cliche, but it was such a little oasis in the midst of all the craziness that is Bangkok.

The White Ivory B&B in Bangkok

The White Ivory is located on the left bank of the river that cuts right through the city, but it is super easy to get to. See the last time I was visiting Bangkok was in the 90s and since then, they have built the BST or Bangkok Skytrain. White Ivory was a 5-minute walk from Krung Thon Buri station. Easy enough. Just remember to get off on the right side of the station, as it all streets look so similar. Especially after dark and in a torrential rainstorm.

The White Ivory B&B in Bangkok


Checking in was a dream and the people at the front desk were extremely helpful, carrying my luggage, helping me with ideas for stuff to do and getting me extra loo roll. Although the latter causes some chuckling.

Anyhow, the B&B itself had a modern decor with lots of white of course and greys mixed with splashes of colour here and there. There was a breakfast area in the lobby which also served coffees, teas and other beverages throughout the day.

One flight up was a living room area with comfy couches and some computers for guests.

The White Ivory B&B in Bangkok

A wooden flight of stairs led to the rooms on the second and third floor.

My room had a king size bed on which two cute towel elephants were eagerly awaiting me. There was a desk, a flatscreen TV, a modern shower room and even a little balcony, although the view was of a wall, which they had pimped up with decorative ivy.

The White Ivory B&B in Bangkok

I stayed here for three nights and when I checked out, I even got my picture taken with the girl at reception as a memento.


The only thing I didn't like about this place is that it set my expectations for the rest of the trip very high. And now sitting in my room in Phonsavan, I am still missing the White Ivory B&B in Bangkok.


6 comments:

  1. Wow I would miss this too. Love the interior so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so homy there. They really made an effort to make you feel at home.

      Delete
  2. That is a really lovely place. Love the slated blinds and modern fresh decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. The decor is so chic Jaklien - what a homely cosy BandB to stay in :)

    ReplyDelete