Sunday 7 October 2012

Circles in the Sand in Langkawi

Sand circles in Langkawi
Who would have thought that travelling through southeast Asia was so exhausting? After 4 weeks of catching, buses, motorcycles  planes and trains, I needed a holiday!! So I decide to have some beach time on the island of Langkawi.

Even though Langkawi was everything I needed,  I wasn't overly impressed with the scenery of the island and its beaches. Maybe I'm becoming a bit jaded, the more countries I visit?

Sand circles in Langkawi

There was something that caught my eye though. Strolling along the shoreline at sunset, I noticed these fascinating figures in the sand, consisting of little sand balls surrounding a tiny hole.



I looked a bit closer and saw that a small crab was digging its little heart out while chucking sand back onto the surface, randomly creating these pretty figures on a canvas of sand.

Art by nature. Until the ocean washed them away.


No comments:

Post a Comment